Snapchat is known for being a very transparent app. It offers many features that other apps don’t, like notifying you if someone took a screenshot in your chat or replayed a snap. However, also unlike other apps, Snapchat doesn’t have a clear indicator that someone is online (usually a green bubble next to a user’s profile).
Luckily, there are a couple of ways to tell whether someone is active on the app. This article will discuss all the different methods to check if a user is active on Snapchat.
How to Check to See if Someone Is Active on Snapchat
Snap Maps tell you where your friends are when you’re using the app. However, depending on your friends’ privacy configurations, you may not always be able to view your friends’ locations on the map.
You should be able to determine when the individual last used Snapchat and where they were while they were online if they aren’t using Ghost Mode, which masks their location at all times. Users can also prevent the app from accessing their location altogether.
As long as Snap Maps is open, your location will be updated regularly until you put it in Ghost Mode or disable location services. This feature can be used to determine where someone is and when they are online.
Here’s how to do it:
- Find your friend on Snap Maps.
- From the map, select their Bitmoji.
- Under their name, you’ll see a gray status bar.
- There are a few different messages you can see: “Seen Now,” “Seen XXm ago,” or “Last seen,” depending on how long ago they signed off. “Seen Now” indicates that they are presently online in a specific location.
You’ll be able to detect when someone opens your chat if you’ve been chatting with them. However, you’ll need to be watching the chat the moment they appear to do so. Here’s how:
- To get to the conversation screen on Snapchat, open the app and swipe right.
- Open the person’s conversation by scrolling to it and clicking the “Open Chat” button.
- There will be a small Bitmoji avatar of the person in the lower-left corner of your chat window if they are online and have your conversation opened. The person’s avatar will vanish from your chat window after they leave the chat.
The number of snaps a user has sent determines their Snap score. This covers both public and private snaps. When someone’s Snapchat score goes up, it signifies that they’ve just sent a snap.
Snap scores update every few minutes, so you can check back after a little while for any changes. Here’s how:
- Go to the “Friends” tab in Snapchat.
- Tap and hold the name of a contact you want to find out about. The popup box will show on the screen if you hold down the name.
- You’ll see a number at the bottom of the popup box now. This is their Snapchat score. Make a note of it or keep it in your mind.
- To see if the score has risen or not, you should check again in 10 to 15 minutes.
- If the score rises, it indicates that the person is online.
Snapchat tells you how long ago the individual read your snap or message if you sent it. An online status may be determined by looking at this parameter. The timestamp will be reliable for 24h. After a day, it will just show the date and time of when the photo was last seen. Please keep in mind that the recipient must have seen the photo/message for this to work.
The steps are:
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Swipe right to see the conversations screen.
- Find their chat.
- You’ll notice an empty square or arrow under the recipient’s name if they’ve seen your message or snap. “Opened” and the date it was viewed will appear next to this.
- This individual may be online if their timestamp is within the last few seconds or minutes.
Send a Snap
Sending a snap to a contact to check if they’re online is one way to go about this. You may infer the time they were last online based on it. This is how it works:
- Open the Snapchat app on your mobile device.
- Navigate to Snapchat’s “Friends” screen by swiping to the right.
- All of your recent contacts will be included in the “Friends” section.
- Find the user you want to check.
- You can open the chatbox by swiping from left to right over your friend’s name.
- Send a message by entering it and then tapping the “Send” button.
- Remain in the chat window for a while.
- Observe the lower-left corner of the screen if you see that your friend’s Bitmoji is there. That implies the recipient of your message is currently reading it.
- The “smiley” icon will convert into a blue dot when the other person uses Bitmoji, indicating that they are online. If the blue dot or Bitmoji does not display there, the other person is either not online or hasn’t checked the message yet.
Check Their Posts
This is a rather self-explanatory method, and you may have already been employing this strategy. New Snapchat users, however, may not be aware of this. You may use this technique to see if a user has made any new posts by checking their feed.
You can also see when they posted their snap using this feature. Based on this information, you may make an informed guess as to when they were last online on Snapchat.
MobiStealth is the best application to use if you want to check on someone and find out whether they are online on Snapchat. MobiStealth is a paid app that can track Snapchat and possesses a slew of other functions.
MobiStealth is an option, but be sure to ask the person you want to know about for their consent. It is unethical to track someone’s data without their knowledge. Hence, it is important that the person knows and agrees to having the app installed on their phone.
Here are the steps on MobiStealth:
- Go to MobiStealth and create an account.
- Choosing a price plan is the next step. If you are dissatisfied with the service provided by Mobistealth within 15 days, your money will be returned to you.
- To get the MobiStealth app, you’ll need access to the user’s Android phone or tablet. The app may be installed in a matter of minutes.
- You don’t need to download the app manually if the user has an iPhone. Having iTunes credentials is all that is required.
- The dashboard will monitor all of Snapchat’s activity. You’ll tell if the individual is currently online this way.
Know When Your Friends Are Online
Even though there is no direct indicator that someone is online on Snapchat, these methods come pretty close. Any of these methods will give you a close estimate on when the person was last online if they’re not currently using the app. This way, you won’t have to guess if someone is ghosting or ignoring you – you’ll know.
In this article, we were able to provide you with top quality information you may need, do let us know your feedback on this article in the comment section below. Also Don’t Forget to Jon our Telegram Group For More Posts and Daily Tips and Free Network Cheats and Applications. Join Our Telegram Channel >>>>Here<<<<