Our online identities are defined by usernames and avatars. On Discord, you can fine-tune your presence by changing your avatar for each server you join. Your avatar will, however, remain the same between servers. Therefore, your profile picture needs to be something versatile that also speaks to your personality.
Read on to learn how to create an avatar for Discord in several ways and ensure your profile won’t just feature the default avatar anymore.
How to Make an Avatar for Discord
While you can use any image from the internet as your Discord profile picture (pfp) as long as it follows the terms and conditions, creating something unique always beats this option. A one-of-a-kind avatar will set you apart from the rest of the user base. And fortunately, you don’t have to be a graphic designer to create an eye-catching avatar.
Discord doesn’t have a built-in avatar maker like, for example, Reddit does, so you’ll have to create your icon using a third-party app and upload it on Discord later. There are plenty of templates and online image editors that make this task a breeze. You can modify a picture you already have or create a custom avatar entirely from scratch.
Below are a few solutions you can use to create a Discord avatar for free.
Use the Discord Avatar Maker
If you don’t hate the default Discord avatar but want to give it more personality, you can use the fan-made Discord Avatar Maker website. This free tool created by Nerd or Die is easy to use and offers many customization options, including animation. You can use it for pfp and server logo creation.
The app is very intuitive, so your hardest task will be deciding which look to go for. Here’s how to use it.
- Go to the Discord Avatar Maker site. You can access this tool both on your PC and mobile browser.
- Pick a background color for your icon.
- Choose a body color for the Discord logo in the next section.
- Add an eye color to the logo if you wish. Use the eye dropper icon to choose a color you want.
- Select a body shape.
- Follow the same steps for the eyes in the section below. You can access more shapes by clicking the three-dot button.
- Once you’re satisfied with your logo, click the gear icon at the top to choose the image resolution. For a Discord icon, 128 x 128 pixels will suffice.
- Click outside the settings window to close it and hit the “Download” button. Your icon will be downloaded in PNG format instantly.
You can also upload your own background image and logo to the Discord Avatar Maker instead of using modifications of the standard Discord logo, but the editing options are limited in this case. If you wish to create an icon using an existing image, you should try one of the solutions below.
Use an Online Avatar Editor
There are numerous online avatar editors that can help you create a custom Discord avatar. The following solutions are free, but some of them require registration before you can use them.
Adobe Express is another powerful online editor perfect for designing icons, even from scratch. Adobe Express also has dedicated Discord avatar templates that can inspire you if you’re unsure what to make.
TinyWow’s Profile Photo Maker
TinyWow is another simple tool website. You can add custom banners to existing icons with a few simple clicks. Show your support for a cause or promote your business using this tool.
How to Make an Animated Avatar for Discord
You’ve probably seen other Discord users with fun, animated avatars. If you’re wondering whether you can use a moving avatar, too, we have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that you can; the bad news is that animated avatars are only available in Discord Nitro, the paid premium version of this popular gaming chat app.
Your animated avatar will need to be in GIF format. Nitro users can choose a GIF from Discord’s own database when changing their pfp. Of course, you can also download any gif from the internet or create an animated Discord avatar using the Discord Avatar Maker mentioned earlier. If you’re already a Nitro user or plan to subscribe, here’s how to create an animated avatar.
- Open the Discord Avatar Maker on your PC.
- Select a color for your icon’s background, body, and eyes.
- Choose a body and eye shape for the logo. Find more options by clicking the three-dot button.
- Switch to the “Animate” tab at the top of the page.
- Select an animated effect for your icon.
- Choose its color and position.
- Pick a body animation if you wish.
- Adjust the animation speed using the slider.
- Click the gear button under the preview to select the resolution for your icon.
- Press the “Download” button to generate your GIF. The process might take a few minutes.
How to Apply Your New Avatar
Once you’ve downloaded your new avatar, head to your Discord settings to apply it. Follow these steps on your PC.
- Open the Discord PC or web app.
- Click the gear icon at the bottom of the conversations panel. You’ll be taken to your account settings.
- Press the “Edit User Profile” button.
- Click “Change Avatar” or your current icon in the profile preview.
- Hit “Upload Image” to upload the icon you just made, or click the GIF option to select a gif available on Discord.
- Resize and crop the picture using the “Slider” below the picture and and hit “Apply.”
- Save the changes at the bottom of the screen.
Change your avatar in the mobile app in the following way.
- Launch the Discord iOS or Android app.
- Tap your profile icon at the bottom of the main screen.
- Tap “User profile” button.
- Press your profile picture on the next screen.
- Select “Upload Avatar” in the popup menu.
- Pick your new icon, resize it if necessary, and hit “Check” button, and dont forget to save the changes.
Can I have different avatars on different Discord servers?
Generally, you can only have one Discord avatar, which will apply to all servers you’re on. However, Nitro users can create multiple profiles, all with their own avatar, banner, and bio. You’ll need to subscribe to this paid plan if you wish to create completely separate identities for your servers. You can learn about Discord Nitro in your User Settings.
What are the correct dimensions for my Discord avatar?
Discord avatars are 128 x 128 pixels. However, you don’t have to resize your picture, as Discord will do this for you when you upload it. Just make sure you’re working on a square canvas when creating or editing your icon so that no essential part of the image gets cut off. In addition, the size limit for a Discord avatar is 8 MB, but you probably won’t have to worry about this with such a small image.
Can I use an animated avatar on Discord?
Animated icons are only available to Discord Nitro users. Those who use this app a lot might find they like the paid version’s enhanced experience a great deal. Besides animated icons, Nitro subscribers will also get access to custom emojis, bigger uploads, HD videos, server boosts, and more.
An attractive icon is the best way to ensure a memorable Discord presence, but all the uniqueness is lost when you meet another user with the same image. Create a custom avatar using one of the tools mentioned above to avoid this scenario and be the one who defines your online identity.
Have you used any of these sites to create a Discord avatar? Are there any pfp makers not covered above you would recommend? Let us know in the comments section below.
In this article, we were able to provide you with top quality information you may need, do let us know your feedback on this article in the comment section below. Also Don’t Forget to Jon our Telegram Group For More Posts and Daily Tips and Free Network Cheats and Applications. Join Our Telegram Channel >>>>Here<<<<