You can learn how to delete Twitter account with this article. Do you know how to permanently delete your Twitter account and back up your tweets? You can learn how to do it by following the steps below.
How to delete Twitter account?
Ads by Sammyloaded Media Earn Free Bitcoin Get Insurance Updates Boost Your Social Media Engagement Get Access to Business News Learn the best ways on How to do things
You may deactivate and then delete your Twitter account from a web browser or a dedicated mobile app (Android and iOS). You must first deactivate your account, which will immediately begin the process of permanently deleting it.
How to delete Twitter account from the web browser?
- Log in to Twitter with your web browser or app,
- Click the Settings and privacy option in the left-hand menu,
- Then expand the drop-down menu for Account and select Disable account,
- Press Disable Enter your password to confirm the action.
How to delete Twitter account from mobile app (Android & iOS)?
The procedure is similar on a smartphone:
- Go to Twitter using your mobile app,
- Click and hold your profile image in the upper left corner systems and privacy,
- Go to your account and select “Disable Account”,
- Press disable and confirm your password to begin the process.
- Note that you have 30 days to reactivate your account. Once this period expires, your account will be permanently deleted.
How to download a copy of your tweets?
After leaving the social network, you may save all of your data in a ZIP file: account information, history and activity, application-related data, interest centers and advertising. Before shutting down your account, remember to go through this process:
- On Twitter, click More in the left side menu and then Systems and privacy,
- To view the data in your account, click the Download Archive button,
- When you open your Twitter account for the first time, you’ll be asked to input your password. After that, your identity will be verified, and you’ll receive a code by email or text message,
- Enter the received code and click Request archive.Reading, “We’ll notify you when your data is ready to download.”
- It might take 24 hours or more for the data to be downloaded. When the data is available, you will get an email or a push notification on your phone. Then go to Settings and select Download Data.
How to reactivate Twitter account?
- Use your web browser or app to access Twitter.,
- Add your login credentials (username and password),
- Run again access your profile.