You will find below the steps to remove payment info on iPhone, iPad, Mac, Windows as well as other devices like Apple TV and Google Chromebook. Apple Pay, PayPal, and a variety of credit cards are all accepted on the App Store and iTunes. When you make an online purchase with Apple using your credit card or PayPal account, the transaction instantly links your payment method to your Apple ID, making it easy to shop on the App Store for the next time. If you don’t want that, you can update or remove a payment method linked to your Apple ID.
Ads by Sammyloaded Media Earn Free Bitcoin Get Insurance Updates Boost Your Social Media Engagement Get Access to Business News Learn the best ways on How to do things
Don’t forget that if you delete your credit card or PayPal information, you will no longer be able to make purchases on the iTunes Store and App Store.
How to remove billing information on iPhone and iPad?
1. Open Settings > tap on your Apple ID > select Payment & Shipping option.
2. On the next screen, tap on your listed Payment Method.
3. On the next screen, tap on the Edit > scroll down and tap on the Delete option.
Note: You won’t be able to change or remove your Payment Information, if you have an unpaid balance or an upcoming due payment.
How to remove payment info on Mac or Windows?
1. Open the App Store on your Mac.
2. Click on your Name or the Sign-in button located at bottom left corner.
3. If prompted, sign-in to App Store using your Apple ID and Passcode.
4. Once you are Signed-in, click on your Profile Icon (bottom-left) and select View Information option.
5. On Account Information screen, click on Manage Payments option listed in Apple ID Summary section.
6. On the next screen, click on the Edit option listed next to your Payment Method and then click on Remove. If you have multiple payment methods, you can change the order. Apple will attempt to charge payment methods in order from top to bottom. You can’t change the order in which Apple ID balance is charged.
This should remove your payment information from your Apple ID.
How to remove payment info on Android or Google Chromebook?
- Open the Apple Music app on your Android or Chromebook device.
- Tap the hamburger menu button in the upper-right corner.
- Tap Account.
- Tap Payment Information.
- Change or remove your information. To remove the payment method, select None.
- Make sure that your name and billing address exactly match the information on file with your financial institution. Then tap Done.
How to remove payment info on Apple TV?
- Go to tv.apple.com and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Tap or click the account button at the top of the screen.
- Choose Settings from the menu that appears.
- Under “Payment Type,” tap or click Edit.
- If you have multiple payment methods on file, you can’t edit your payment information at tv.apple.com.
That about sums it up but…
Can’t remove billing information on iPhone and iPad?
To see your subscriptions on your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings, tap your account name, then tap Subscriptions. If you have any active subscriptions, including iCloud+, you must have a payment method on file. If you want to remove all payment methods, you can cancel your iCloud+ plan and cancel other subscriptions from Apple. We recommend using iTunes to backup your data first.
Make sure you don’t have any subscriptions
When your subscription period is over, try to remove your payment method again. Speaking of backing up data, if you’re going to check for individual back ups due to storage restraints on your PC, check out our how to delete multiple contacts on iPhone guide. Finally you’ll stop asking yourself “who’s this person” for that plumber you added five years ago.
Turn off purchase sharing
If you’re in a Family Sharing group and you use purchase sharing, the family organizer must have a payment method on file. If you’re the family organizer, turn off purchase sharing, then try to remove the payment method again. You’ll make too many kids angry but at least someone’s college fund won’t be in EA’s or Activision’s bank anymore.
Pay an unpaid balance
Pay an unpaid transaction or fix payment method issues. After the balance is paid, you can remove your payment method.
This way you’ve learned how to remove payment info on iPhone and other devices.